Trouble boys : the true story of the Replacements / Bob Mehr.
Written with the participation of the Replacement's key members, including reclusive singer-songwriter Paul Westerberg, bassist Tommy Stinson, and the family of late guitarist Bob Stinson, Mehr creates a deeply intimate and nuanced portrait that exposes the primal factors and forces-- addiction, abuse, fear-- that would shape one of the most brilliant and notoriously self-destructive groups of all time. He tracks the group as they rise within the early '80s American underground, chronicles the making of their albums, and shows how their addictions first came to define them and then nearly destroyed them.
- ISBN: 9780306818790
- ISBN: 0306818795
- Physical Description: xiv, 474 pages, 32 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Edition: First Da Capo Press edition.
- Publisher: Boston, MA : Da Capo Press, a member of the Perseus Books Group, 2016.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Introduction -- Jail, death, or janitor -- A band for our time -- Dreams and games -- The last -- Epilogue.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Replacements (Musical group)
Rock musicians > United States > Biography.
- 3 of 4 copies available at SPARK Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Juniata County.
- 0 current holds with 4 total copies.